Monday, March 22, 2010

Hustle and Bustle

The Kitchens were aglow today with chatter. Today was the grand opening of the culinary building. When my cost management teacher asked the class for help I instantly extended a helping hand.

WOW

I did not once regret the 3 hours of talking I had to do as a stationary tour guide in the Bistro's Kitchen. It was extremely fun explaining the kitchen, and watching people's faces light up as I explained the equipment. I don't think most of the people who came knew what the inside of a kitchen looked like. Those that did (there were some chef's coats) learned somethings about the special equipment we had in that lab. I loved taking and answering questions about the lab. It felt like an honor!

Afterward it was nice to go up and talk to the rest of the students and teachers about the night. There were some tired faces, but I highly doubt anyone of them would of given up that night for anything. Tonight was the college's night to shine, and I think we sparkled brilliantly :D

No comments:

Post a Comment